Sunday, December 20, 2009

Personification: Self Esteem.

Hi Self Esteem,
Hey mate! How are you? What do you mean you're awful? I was counting on you being really brilliant. Wow, that's sad news.
I have been meaning to write for a while to bring up a few things that have been troubling me, probably not best that we talk about it whilst you're in such a fragile state. I don't want to be accused of kicking you when you're down but there are some annoyances that cannot be kept silent for much longer.
I've been finding it quite difficult lately to juggle your moods. One minute you're up, the next you're down, and I'm not finding that it's very helpful for our relationship. It is a relationship we have, somewhat of a friendship, and like all good friendships they do have their ups and downs but I find it's useful if most of those times are ups. This has not been the case of late.
I've got some helpful advice I hope you don't mind me sharing... you shouldn't need a constant reassurance to be up. It's not healthy for you to resemble a fuel tank that needs refilling by nice comments and reassurance. Obviously these things are great, but they should be more of a bonus that compliment your already strong existence. No one likes a whiner.
Anyway, I hope I haven't come across brash, I know how difficult it must be for you to move with the moods of your owners and especially if that owner is a) female b) mid twenties c) me. But you're doing okay, just work on being okay most of the time, it makes it much easier for me and many others around me.
Great. Glad that's sorted.
Yours in worry, woe and empathy,
Emmah xo

1 comment:

Massimo Zeppetelli said...

Brilliant post. Funny, witty, Emamah. Really relevant too to so many people - I think exactly how you have put it in your post so often, and still finding a solution. Good to know we're in this together