Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Wicked Cool Bands #1

"We are made of love,
And every fracture caused by the lack of it."
- 'Needle & Thread' Sleeping At Last


image from google images

Sleeping At Last are really really great. I heard about them when I was at the beginning of my final year at University from my old and lovely housemate Zoe, and spent alot of time in a fair amount of awe of how beautiful they are. Describing their sound is quite hard mainly because I'm rubbish at describing music styles, but it's quite ambient... but not in a really boring way. If that sparkling review hasn't put you off, and you have good taste and like super awesome lyrics, then you might like them. Visit their myspace and have a listen to Needle & Thread. Then buy their albums and revel in the lovely-ness.

Today I've mainly listened to Kanye West classics, watched Summer Heights High (amazing), drank tea and been excited about the fact that I'm going to see Sigur Ros on Friday thanks to Bethan. How wonderful. Hope your day has been a bit more productive than mine, and that you are happy and great.

No comments: