Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Wicked Cool Bands #5

My beloved, oh my sweet, all the gifts you have given me,
The patience and the peace cherry blossoms and the candy,
I am yours, I am yours for as long as you will have me.
- Love Letter to Japan, The Bird & The Bee


image from The Bird & The Bee Myspace page

You might think that the best cover version of The Bee Gees classic How Deep Is Your Love is by Take That. You'd be wrong. Because The Bird & The Bee's version is way better.

The beautiful Inara George is the bird, and producer Greg Kurstin is the bee. This indie/alternative duo are from Los Angeles, and make lovely music about love and life. Inara sings lead vocals for the project, described as jazz/electro by their Myspace page. Kurstin has worked with many artists including Lily Allen, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Beck so it's a real mixture of ideas that his production brings to the project.

I've mostly been listening to their self titled 2007 album, however they have just released album number 2, Ray Guns Are Not Just The Future, which I'm really excited to listen to properly. I love them, and you might too so get on Spotify, their official website or their Last.fm and listen to Again & Again, Love Letter to Japan or that previously mentioned Bee Gees cover. Lovely!


1 comment:

hgh said...

I love The Bird and The Bees version of "Don't Stop The Music"