Monday, July 13, 2009

Brilliant Books #1

Another new feature! This time I'm going to have a go at being Richard and Judy and recommend you some books. I'm not a massive fan of reading, I often find that I can't be bothered to make time to read, or that my attention span doesn't last long enough to warrant a 300 pager, but sometimes I will stumble upon books that just take me in, and I can't help but fall in love with.



The Time Travelers Wife is one of those books. A book thats main theme is that of love. Love stories to me are usually frivolous, they don't tell you the real, deep and addictive things about love that make it worth writing a book about. Usually, I find that books will paint a picture of love that screams cheesy valentines cards, awkward first dates and that moment where the initial lustful attraction is over and you're left with someone you thought you were in love with but in reality it was over before it had begun. The Time Travelers Wife tells a tale of real love, love that you can't let go of. Henry has a genetic disorder where by his body clock randomly resets itself and he is transported into his own past or his own future. His present is often blurred, and so this makes relationships difficult, let alone a marriage. But his love for Claire outweighs all impossibilities, and you will find yourself drawn in and captivated by their story, however strange the subject matter may seem. I know girls who love this story, and I know boys who've recommended it to me too, so don't presume that it is simply a throw away tale.

So go forth and enjoy some literature!

No comments: