Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wicked Cool Bands #10

"There's a spanner in the works you know,
you gotta step up your game to make to the top.
So go!"
- Something Good Can Work, Two Door Cinema Club


image from myspace.com/twodoorcinemaclub


I love any opportunity to have a dance. Music that makes you want to move and dance is a winner in my book, so to discover Two Door Cinema Club's music is a massive win in this dreary month of July. They only have 2 tracks on Spotify but that hasn't stopped me from playing them over and over again and dancing around my room whilst it poured down with rain outside! They hail from the great wondrous place that is Northern Ireland, specifically Bangor which I hear on great authority is one of the best places on earth. True or not, it certainly churns out some very talented musicians, Two Door included.

Fresh from a brilliant set at Glastonbury (which you can watch here) they continue the summer of festivals with V and Leeds. So if you're going to either of those, then I urge you to go see them.

They have Twitter, they have Myspace and they have great songs. What are you waiting for? Go dance.

No comments: